|Welcome to SAnews.gov.za, the gateway to quick and fresh government news and information|
|Home | Today's stories | This week's stories | Last week's stories | Other Features | International News | User policy|
Compiled by the Government Communication and Information System|
Date: 15 Jun 2012
Title: First National Evaluation Plan gets Cabinet's approval
Pretoria - Cabinet has approved the first annual National Evaluation Plan which identifies the evaluations to be undertaken over the next year.
During a post-Cabinet media briefing on Friday, Minister in the Presidency for Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Collins Chabane said Cabinet had also approved the 55 evaluations to be conducted.
The evaluations identified for the next year were:
- National School Nutrition Programme and Grade R under the Department of Basic Education;
- Integrated Nutrition Programme under the Department of Health;
- Comprehensive Rural Development Programme and Land Reform Recapitalisation and Development Programme under the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform;
- Business Process Services Incentives Scheme under the Department of Trade and Industry;
- Integrated Residential Development Programme and Urban Settlements Development Grant under the Department of Human Settlements.
"All these evaluations will be undertaken by the relevant line function departments in partnership with the Department of Performance Monitoring and Evaluation (DPME), using standardised evaluation guidelines," Chabane said.
Improvement plans will be developed to address the findings of each evaluation and the evaluation reports will be made public on the DPME website, he added.
Cabinet approved the National Evaluation Policy Framework in November 2011. The Policy Framework makes provision for the development of national and provincial annual and three year evaluation plans. - BuaNews